Don’t you just hate it when you’ve finally managed to make time to do the laundry, but your clothes come out missing that irresistible scent that just lasts and lasts? You know what? We all hate that! Especially because you really, really want to smell fresh and amazing, turn heads, and feel energized all day.
It’s time to make space for Gain’s captivating scent in your life. You will love it. Just follow this easy laundry guide to give your clothes the invigorating scent boost you are looking for.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Make Your Laundry Smell Good
- Remember to wash your clothes as soon as your nose senses that smelly whiff. As you know, some clothes (like socks) need to be washed after each wear, while outer layers can be washed less frequently.
- Give your clean clothes a fighting chance! Don’t leave dirty clothes in with your clean clothes, as the smell will transfer.
- Once your laundry basket is full, pop on some music and get ready to roll.
- Pre-treat and pre-soak your super smelly clothes. Remember to check care labels first.
- Wash your clothes as you normally would with Gain’s scented liquid or powder detergents. Alternatively, you could use Gain Flings. These laundry detergent pacs have the scent and cleaning power you love in a small, convenient pac.
- Scent fanatics should add some Gain Fireworks scent booster, too.
- For extra softness, add Gain Liquid Fabric Softener. It leaves your clothes feeling delightfully soft and smelling great.
- If you have a supersized load, split it up and wash your laundry in two smaller loads. This way the water and detergent can really work its way through the clothes. In this day and age, when washing machine drums are larger than ever, ensuring that your machine isn’t overloaded might slip your mind, but it’s still important if you want properly cleaned and great-smelling laundry. Plus, don’t forget to check the dosage guide on the packaging so you know how much detergent is needed.
- As soon as the washing machine has finished doing its thing, remove the wet clothes.
- If you’re air drying, put the line in a breezy, dry location (not a dark, damp spot) so the clothes can dry ASAP.
- If you’re using a dryer, then make your clothes smell even better when they come out of the dryer by adding some Gain Dryer Sheets. Dryer sheets help give your clothes an even fresher scent. Add one dryer sheet for regular loads, or two dryer sheets for large and HE full loads.
- Only pop your clothes away once they are completely dry. Even if you’re in a mad rush, don’t risk it! If they’re a little bit damp, they need more time!
- For the best-smelling clothes, you need to start with a clean-smelling washer. So, every so often, give your washing machine a clean with vinegar to keep your clothes smelling good after each wash. Also air out your washing machine by leaving the door open after each use. Help keep your clothes smelling fresh by cleaning the dryer too − especially the lint trap.
And, it’s as easy as that! You’re all done. Your clothes will smell delightfully fresh and clean. And now you can get on with the most important things in your life.
Tips to Keep Your Clothes Smelling Good
You don’t want your favorite outfit to be a little stinky just as you go to put in on. Ain’t nobody got time for that! So keep your clothes smelling good between washes with these quick and dirty tips:
- Put a pouch of Gain Fireworks beads into your wardrobe and drawers.
- Absorb any nasty odors by placing a small bowl of baking soda at the bottom of your wardrobe.
- Freshen clothes between washes by chucking them in the dryer with a Gain Dryer Sheet for a few minutes or spritzing some Original Febreze with Gain Scent Fabric Refresher on them.
- For more wears between washes, instead of leaving your worn clothes in a pile on the floor, air them out before putting them away.
- De-odorize your house so that your clothes aren’t picking up bad smells at home.
So pop on some tunes, and fill your home with some fresh air and your favorite fresh scent by Gain so that you’re sniffing life to the fullest.